We set out on this journey on February 4, 2010. That's the day Tom released his letter to the community and I released my letter to the parents telling them I had taken on a new responsibility for next year. It is so interesting how you can use your internal filtering systems to shift what you see, what you receive and what peaks your curiosity. I walk through the school in a new relationship and everywhere I go I am greeted with the most affirming and motivating responses to Tom's announcement.
This consistent affirmation has a richness that points to great potential, urgent need and infinite possibilities. It also indicates that whatever it is we have set out to accomplish is still elusive. There is no common name for this journey.
Where are we going? That's the big question. Even bigger, may be the question, "Where are we now?" Some first impressions are that wherever we are there is lots to see and do, but also many indications that we must step carefully as we continue the journey. It isn't yet clear if we are headed into the forest or out into a clearing; over a mountain or up a gentle hill.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for inviting me along on the journey!
ReplyDelete